- Bide the Wiccan Laws ye must, in perfect Love and perfect Trust. (Contains the Traditional Passwords for admission into a Sacred Circle.)
- Live and let live ~ fairly take and fairly give. (Do not underestimate your own value or cheat others of theirs.)
- Cast the Circle thrice about, to keep all evil spirits out 3 is the number of creation, being both balanced and dynamic, seals 7 charms.
- To bind the spell every time, let the spell be spake in rhyme. (Silly jingles stick in the mind; sing-song loop tapes hypnotize.)
- Soft of eye and light of touch ~ speak little, listen much. (The “proper” demeanor of a “Wise One”.)
- Deosil go by the Waxing Moon ~ Dance and sing the Wiccan Rune. The Energy Tides flow Sunward ~ time for celebration.
- Widdershins go when Moon doth Wane, & the Werewolf howls by the dread Wolfbane. (The Tide shifts against the Sun ~ Time for withdrawel and reflection.)
- When the Lady’s Moon is new, kiss the hand to Her times two. (A Celtic spell for Grace – kiss hand at New Moon’s first sighting and make wish.)
- When the Moon rides at Her peak, then your heart’s desire seek. (The full Moon is the zenith of Fulfillment – a positive power time)
- Heed the North Wind’s mighty gale ~ lock the door and drop the sail.
- When the wind comes from the south, love will kiss thee on the mouth.
- When the wind blows from the East, expect the new and set the feast.
- When the West wind blows o’er thee, departed spirits restless be. (Identifies the attributes of the Four Quarters: Air, Fire, Earth, Water.)
- Nine woods in the Cauldron go ~ burn them quick and burn them slow. (9 sacred trees of the Druids, 9 sacred months of the year)
- Elder be ye Lady’s Tree ~ harm it not or cursed ye’ll be. (Elderberry is sacred to Hecate; bad luck to mess with the Crone’s treasure.)
- When the Wheel begins to turn, let the Beltane fires burn. (Begins growth season; Traditional observance with huge bonfires.)
- When the Wheel has turned to Yule, light the Log and let Pan rule. (Snow-bound celebrants often lit the fire and had orgies)
- Heed ye flower, bush and tree ~ by the Lady, Blessed Be. (Plants have beneficial uses; also, show respect for all living things.)
- Where the rippling waters go, cast a Stone and truth ye’ll know. (A very special Stone – an herb ball – that sank to show guilt in matters of justice.)
- When ye have need, harken not to other’s greed. (Look out for number One)
- With the fool no season spend, or be counted as his friend. (Avoid people who may cause you harm)
- Merry meet and merry part ~ bright the cheeks and warm the heart.
- Mind the Threefold Law ye should ~ three times bad, three times good.
- When misfortune is anow, wear the Blue star on thy brow. (Seal your aura from penetration)
- True in love ever be, unless thy lover’s false to thee.
- Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfil:
Free Software Foundation